Saturday, 30 April 2011

Back in business

Yes, I am back in business, both in blogging and umpiring. I am not sure how long I will continue with blogging, but umpiring is going to stay.

In fact, after my return to India on January 14, 2011, I started umpiring the very next week. This year already I have done 9 TNCA league games (Eight 50 overs and one 30 overs). In fact, it should have been two 30 overs game, but one of them was abandoned because of the overnight rain in Chennai.

The highlight of the season so far was, me getting to do two "Division 3" games. So far, I had been doing games only in "Division 4" and "Division 5". The other interesting thing was that these two "Division 3" games were on the turf. It was a very nice experience. It was really good to see the true bounce of the surface. Otherwise, on mats, sometimes you never know, if the bounce was a result of the bowler's effort or was it because of the unevenness of the surface under the mats.

Overall, I have done 45 games so far (excluding the 30 overs game). I need to work a lot on my concentration. The trouble in my knee has been a great source of distraction. No excuses, of course. Lapse of concentration has definitely lead to a few wrong decisions (of course in hindsight). When I take the decision, I do believe that it is correct but an afterthought sometimes tells you that it could have been wrong. But of course, you cannot verify that with anyone. You have to just go by your judgement. There will be always set of players who will be unhappy with you, so you cannot take that as a criteria to evaluate yourself.

The current season is almost ending. I have a game tomorrow. I think couple of more weeks and the curtains will be down for the current season. The next season will start in July 2011. The target for the next season will be to do at least one "Division 1" game. It is a three day game, so should be interesting. Also, there would be big names involved.

I will try to come up with a write up for my tomorrow's game. If I am not able to , do not be annoyed.

Till then, bye bye.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice reading dude... waiting for the next one

    ReplyDelete